Welcome to my melt and pour hobby website!
This website is under construction.
Various tips that helped me when I was starting out, in no particular order:
- only use a scent oil containing vanilla if you also use a vanilla stabiliser, otherwise the soap will turn brown.
- don't use anything cinnamon as that is an irritant.
- don't use any fresh or dried ingredients like flowers or herbs before checking here as most will mold/go bad in your soap!
- only use liquid colors for 1 color soaps. If you want multiple colors always use mica, as liquid colors will bleed.
- buy a melt and pour soap base of your choice (I personally love Stephenson African Black Soap Base and Forbury Shea Butter Soap Base).
cut into cubes and melt in microwave or double boiler.
add color (liquid or mica or color block system) and scent oil if you wish.